The 17th kurzundschön competition for young creatives 2014
The kurzundschön moving images is an international competition for young creatives, organized by the Academy of Media Arts Cologne (KHM) and the Westdeutscher Rundfunk Köln (WDR). Organised exclusively for students and trainees in the field of audiovisual media, it has taken place every year since 1997. In its conception, the competition for newcomers links the KHM’s trans-media concept with parts of the WDR’s brief as a public broadcaster: supporting young artistic and creative talent, creating media crossovers and promoting short, contemporary formats.
Every year prizes with a total value of €30,000 are awarded in the following categories:
– feature film (up to 15 mins.)
– animation (up to 15 mins.)
– artistic/experimental Film (up to 15 mins.)
– commercials/educational ads (up to 3 mins.)
– motion design (up to 7 mins.)
– publicART (up to 10 mins.)
– Walk & Watch – cinema in transit on Infoscreens (up to 20 secs.)
– WDR category
Application deadline: 22nd July 2014
Application and film upload till 22nd July 2014
Award ceremony: 5th November 2014, Cologne, Germary
For further information and details of application, please visit the kurzundschön web site.